How has technology evolved since Covid-19 for retail operations teams?
Covid-19 has triggered decades of evolution - a rapid acceleration of automated technology has impacted the retail industry, spotlighting how operations teams must adapt to not just survive, but thrive in this new era. At a glance this white paper delves into topics such as:
- COVID-19 has accelerated retail e-commerce, online grocery shopping and click and collect services with consumers wanting safer, easier ways to shop.
- This irreversible trend has changed the retail operation model for good with new sales channels, services and processes to consider.
- Today’s customers expect to be able to purchase from any device, at any time and retailers need to adapt to this omnichannel approach, by up skilling their shift workers and ensuring their technology systems join up to align with consumer demand.
- Shift workers will therefore need to be rebalanced and retrained in line with where they are operationally needed whilst enabling flexible working for higher productivity.
- Through automated workforce management, retailers can better manage both staff and complex operations - including the boom of click and collect - to enable better customer service and keep up with the industry’s retail giants.